Your data, privacy and the Law.
How we use your medical records
- This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record.
- We may share some of your data with local out of hours / urgent or emergency care services
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to, for instance when we are inspected or are reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research
For more information please see our Privacy Policies Library below:
Privacy Notice for Call Recording
Privacy Notice for CQC
Privacy Notice for COVID-19
Privacy Notice for Direct Care
Privacy Notice for Emergencies
Privacy Notice for National Screening Programs
Privacy Notice for NHS Digital
Privacy Notice for Payments
Privacy Notice for Public Health
Privacy Notice for Research
Privacy Notice for Risk Stratification
Privacy Notice for Safeguarding
Privacy Notice for Summary Care Record